What can you do? See my video below and the Oak Visualization that you can use.
The Root Chakra (Muladhara is the Sanskrit name) is located at the base of the spine. It is associated with the following functions or behavioral characteristics:
- Security, safety
- Basic needs (food, sleep, shelter, self-preservation, etc.)
- Physicality, physical identity and aspects of self
- Support and foundation for living our lives
What are the Chakras?
In yoga, meditation & Ayurveda, this term refers to wheels or energy throughout the body. There are seven main chakras, which align the spine, starting from the base of the spine to the crown of the head. To visualize a chakra in the body, imagine a swirling wheel of energy where matter and consciousness meet. This invisible healing energy is vital life force, which keeps us vibrant, healthy, and alive.
Oak Tree Visualization
Visualize an oak tree and ponder its qualities: strength, endurance, stability, deep-rootedness. Repeat each of the following affirmations:
- I have the strength to endure the upheavals of life.
- I am grounded and secure.
- I embody courage.
- I draw sustenance from the world around me.
We will work on grounding and removing blockages in our self-care session on the 2nd Saturday.. Join us for the workshop on the 4th Saturday as we perform deeper work on the Root Chakra and its functions.
You must log in to post a comment.